Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Questions, questions, questions...

Here are some interesting questions I've had from Bastien the past few days...
After seeing something for Halloween with a decapitated body...
What happens to the head?
I said something like "Well, usually peoples' heads are attached when they die. That's just to look creepy."
Where do you put a person's body after they die? It gets buried in the ground. How do you know where someone's buried? They put tombstones there with the person's name on it.
What happens if the name is too long to put on the tombstone?

While watching a Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! episode about space...
What would happen if you went to space without a rocket? What if you were out there and you didn't have a string attached to something?
Uhmmm.... Then he told me, I want to go into space, but I don't want to wear a seatbelt and can you turn the gravity button off? Is there a Planet Fun in this real world?

He has been very interested in what is real and what is not. At Jack In The Box, he asked me, is there a real guy in the Jack In The Box head? I said, no, that's just his head. How do you know that?
I guess I shouldn't lie. I'm having a hard time with that right now. Not lying, per se, just how much to give away. Do I tell him that Santa Claus isn't real? That would be sad. But then, it's good to tell him all the scary Halloween stuff isn't real.
He asked me what happens after you die too. I told him that since nobody dies and comes back to life, there's no one to tell us - so nobody knows. He said it would be nice if you could come back as another person. (Is this kid a Buddhist already?) I told him some people do believe that and maybe it's true, but nobody knows for sure.
I much prefer these kinds of questions...
What's a "toupee"?

All those questions from this...


No comments:

Post a Comment