Friday, June 12, 2009

Cool Stuff This Weekend June 12-14

I'm pretty busy myself with a Neko Case concert tonight and a birthday party tomorrow.  If I wasn't busy I would consider doing the following this weekend:
Funny Face at the cemetery!!! I love the whole beatnik scene in that flick.  
A live performance of Schoolhouse Rock. I bought the DVDs for Bastien about a year ago and he's just loving them.  It's so fun to have my son like the same stuff I did as a kid.  Thinking this might be fun, but maybe too long for Isabella.
It's also Baby Loves Disco time.  Here's a review, but it's at Cinespace this time not the Derby. I've been once and it was a lot of fun.  I think it would be great for a group of parents who are friends to do together.  Kids can run around, parents can visit and have a cocktail.
Drumming Free-For-All downtown.  That's not the official name of the event, but that's what it sounds like it's going to be.  And who doesn't love just banging and shaking stuff around on a Saturday morning.  And it's free.  And if you're already downtown, you should take your kids to Clifton's for a little lunch.  The food's kinda blech but it's such a groovy atmosphere. It still looks exactly like the photo.   You and the kids will love it! This is really too expensive for my liking but if you haven't been to Greystone Mansion, this is a good opportunity.  Most of the time there are events on the lawn, they don't let people tour inside, so this is good.  The best time to go though, in my opinion is for The Garden & Design Showcase. It's sometime around November (Mom, you and Jonnie Pat have to come this year!!!!)
Speaking of gardens, I think I'm going to have to go back to Huntington Gardens on Sunday.  I should just become a member.  Anyone want to join us, let me know.

Oh yeah, and here's a picture for the grandparents!


1 comment: